My Goal in Blogging

I started this blog in May of 2008, shortly after my election to the School Committee, because I believed it was very important to both provide the community with an opportunity to share their thoughts with me about our schools and to provide me with an opportunity for me to ask questions and share my thoughts and reasoning. I have found the conversation generated on my blog to be extremely helpful to me in learning community views on many issues. I appreciate the many people who have taken the time to share their views. I believe it is critical to the quality of our public schools to have a public discussion of our community priorities, concerns and aspirations.

Friday, February 6, 2009

More Info on Superintendents

Just a quick note to alert parents and community members to new information that has been posted about each of our three Superintendent candidates: their resumes (curriculum vitaes) and multicultural statements are all posted on the ARPS.org website. We all owe major thanks to Kathy Mazur (who is coordinating all aspects of the superintendent search) and Nina Koch (who is keeping the website updated) for adding these two pieces of information to our website during what is obviously a very, very busy time in our district. This is a great step in increasing community awareness of the candidates who we will see in the next few weeks, and I hope it will give people greater awareness of the experiences and views of each of our superintendent candidates.

No comments: