My Goal in Blogging

I started this blog in May of 2008, shortly after my election to the School Committee, because I believed it was very important to both provide the community with an opportunity to share their thoughts with me about our schools and to provide me with an opportunity for me to ask questions and share my thoughts and reasoning. I have found the conversation generated on my blog to be extremely helpful to me in learning community views on many issues. I appreciate the many people who have taken the time to share their views. I believe it is critical to the quality of our public schools to have a public discussion of our community priorities, concerns and aspirations.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Amherst School Committee Meeting - LOCATION CHANGE

Just want everyone to know -- given the expected added interest with the unveiling of the financial realities of the five plans, we are holding the February 10th School Committee Meeting at Marks Meadow (in their auditorium). Please attend to hear the latest information -- I'll also post all the numbers on my blog later that night, and give updated information about when that meeting will be shown on ACTV.

And also remember that you should try to attend the Superintendent Forums next week: Monday, 7 to 8:30 pm (HS library) or Tuesday, 8 to 9 am (MS cafeteria) for Dr. Isabellina Rodriguez, and Wednesday, 7 to 8:30 pm (HS library) or Thursday, 8 to 9 am (MS cafeteria) for Dr. David Sklarz. The third candidate (Dr. Alberto Rodriguez) will be in town on Monday, February 23rd (7 to 8:30 pm, HS library) and Tuesday, February 24th, 8 to 9 am (MS cafeteria). It is VERY important for the School Committee to hear your thoughts about the candidates, so please try to attend an event for EACH of the three candidates.

No comments: