My Goal in Blogging

I started this blog in May of 2008, shortly after my election to the School Committee, because I believed it was very important to both provide the community with an opportunity to share their thoughts with me about our schools and to provide me with an opportunity for me to ask questions and share my thoughts and reasoning. I have found the conversation generated on my blog to be extremely helpful to me in learning community views on many issues. I appreciate the many people who have taken the time to share their views. I believe it is critical to the quality of our public schools to have a public discussion of our community priorities, concerns and aspirations.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Amherst Meeting Postponed to Thursday, June 18th

For those who check my blog on Tuessday nights/Wednesday mornings to learn about the School Committee meeting, I just wanted to let you know that this week's meeting was postponed to Thursday, June 18th (due to two of the five members being unavailable last night). The topics on this Thursday's agenda are: Fort River school improvement plan, Marks Meadow plans for 2009-2010, and a redistricting transition update. This will be our final Amherst School Committee meeting until the new superintendent begins on July 1st.

No comments: